Want to upgrade your vacation photos?
Get those Instagram-worthy travel pictures with the best mini tripod!
Mini tripods are both portable and sturdy. Definitely a MUST-HAVE for amateur and professional photographers.
In this guide, we’ll show you the BEST MINI TRIPODS in the market.
And if you read further, we’ll also let you know the things you should look for in order to pick the best mini tripod for you!
Best Mini Tripods
Whether you’re using a smartphone, a GoPro, or a high-quality DSLR, these mini tripods will be your best travel buddies.
Here are our top picks for the best mini tripods:
#1 Best Overall Pick – Manfrotto Pixi Evo
Section Mini Tripod for Mirrorless Cameras, Compact System Cameras, DSLR, Video, Compact Size, Aluminum
- Weight: 0.26 lbs (190 g)
- Max Capacity: 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
- Height: 5.3″ (13.5 cm)
Manfrotto is our top overall pick because besides being the SMALLEST and SIMPLEST tripod out of everything in this list, its structure is the best choice to get a stable shot.
This mini tripod has a large ball head that allows you to get that PERFECT ANGLE you’ve always wanted. It clamps securely and can be locked and loosened by just pressing the red button.
It’s made of aluminum stainless steel making it very DURABLE. This mini tripod can also withstand hot and cold weather. Perfect for all travel adventures!
Manfrotto is well-known for their good quality regular tripods and they made this tabletop design with its portability in mind.
It’s LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT, and can easily fit a jacket pocket!
Whether you’re using a smartphone, a GoPro, or a DSLR, it’s the PERFECT mini tripod to bring in your travels.
Though, if you’re using a DSLR with it, its fully extended tripod legs MIGHT not be as stable.
It has an above-average price, not the most expensive but also not the cheapest.
- Lightweight and a SPACE SAVER when folded, perfect for traveling activities!
- Extendable two-section legs.
- Can lock into SIX different extension points.
- Reliable ball head.
- You can use your DSLR devices that weigh up to 2lbs
- Not that stable when the legs are at full stretch
#2 Best Value Pick – Joby Gorilla Pod
Compact Tripod 3K Stand and Ballhead for Compact Mirrorless Cameras or Devices
- Weight: 0.86 lbs ( 393 g)
- Max Capacity: 6.6 lbs (3 kg)
- Height: 2.56 x 2.36 x 12.01″ (6.5 x 7.2 x 30 cm)
Joby’s Gorilla Pod is the most VERSATILE and STURDIEST out of all the mini tripods in the market.
It stands out with its unique structure that has MORE THAN 24 leg joints.
The GorillaPod’s flexible legs allow it to have DIFFERENT MOUNTING VARIANTS. The legs fold so that it can be fastened to any surface.
You can pretty much get any camera angle you desire as you can rotate and bend each joint 360 degrees.
It may be overwhelming for newbies and beginners, but for professional photographers, this rig can hold other accessories like LED lights, microphones, and video monitors.
Want to know why it’s our best valued choice? Because you get to use it for photography and videography!
You can hang the GorillaPod safely on tree branches and fence posts to get a bird’s eye angle. It comes with a strap that lets you secure it tightly.
Though it does give you more options, it can be BULKY and HEAVY compared to others. Still, it’s of great value for those who really want to go the extra mile in their vacation photos and videos.
- VERSATILE – has 3 mounting modes: stand, wrap, and grip
- You can use it for both GoPro and DSLR
- Can carry and secure heavy loads
- Has a HIGH-QUALITY BALL HEAD that allows for separate pan adjustment
- Great for shooting video closeups and macro stills
- Pricey for basic photography, but a WORTHY investment for professionals.
- Not as portable, can be bulkier and heavier compared to other mini tripods.
#3 Best Budget Pick – Pedco Ultrapod
- Weight: 0.26 lbs (119 g)
- Max Capacity: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
- Collapsed Height: 7″ (17.8 cm)
- Extended Height: 6″ (15.2 cm)
If you’re tight on the budget, this Pedco Ultrapod is the perfect table top tripod for you.
It costs a few dollars less than 20 bucks but it’s one of the MOST STABLE mini tripods out there. The Pedco Ultrapod is also foldable making it EASY TO BRING AROUND in your travels.
This table tripod is equipped with non-slip feet made from vinyl with a cinch strap and three foldable legs.
Its resin frame with nylon and aluminum makes it DURABLE in the long run as well (a pretty good deal for something less than USD 20!).
Like the GorillaPod, you can secure this small tripod to any other surface like trees, railings, bridges, etc.
You can also tilt and adjust it in any way you want to (even on uneven surfaces!) so that’s another worry you’re free of!
And FINALLY, it can support all sorts of cameras like small cameras, action cameras, camcorders, and optic scopes.
- Affordable Price
- Lightweight and compact
- Portable, can be folded to fit into a pocket
- Strong enough to support DSLR cameras with telephoto lens
- The velcro straps get worn out pretty quickly
#4 Sirui 3T-35K
- Weight: 250g
- Max Capacity: 22lbs (4kg)
- Collapsed Height: 4.5 inches
- Extended Height: 10.1 inches
An alternative WE’RE EAGER TO include in the best mini tripods list is the Sirui 3T-35K.
What makes it stand out is its LOAD RATING of 4kg.
Despite its STURDY and DENSE structure, it’s very PORTABLE. You can pack it inside a camera bag and carry it with you on the go!
It functions like a regular tripod, just not with extendable legs.
It’s pricey, but for a good reason!
It’s versatile and can double as a monopod with its EXTENDABLE and REMOVABLE centre column.
The legs may not be as extendable like other small tripods but its adjustable centre column makes up for it.
- STURDY build quality and high load capacity
- Portable and compact
- Detachable centre column and can double as a tripod and monopod
- Smooth lock knobs
- Equipped with rubber feet to keep it stable
- Might be too expensive for amateur photographers
- The tripod head doesn’t pan easily
- Legs can’t extend like other tripods
#5 Ulanzi Camera Tripod
- Weight: 420g
- Max Capacity: 2kg
- Collapsed Height: 290mm
- Extended Height: 310mm
Ulanzi’s tripod is equipped with FLEXIBLE LEGS that makes it versatile when it comes to height adjustment.
Its thick legs make it function like a scaled-down tripod, but flexible enough to wrap around any surface securely (similar to octopus legs!).
You can do a 360-degree rotation with its ball head. It allows you to do BOTH vertical and horizontal shooting as well.
It comes along with a BUBBLE LEVEL too so you can tilt and adjust to your exact desired alignment.
Among other high-end and versatile mini tripods, this one is a pretty great introductory tripod.
It has a mount for both a smartphone, action camera, and a regular camera. This Ulanzi tripod can EVEN work as a selfie stick!
You can also use bigger camera gear with it, like a regular tripod. Just make sure it’s within the tripod’s load rating.
And let’s not forget how easy it is to carry around! Not to mention, rubberized feet for a STABLE GRIP.
All these features for an affordable price of USD 22 make it a worthy buy!
- Wide compatibility to any type of camera, universal 1/4 screw
- 2-in-1 Clip Design
- Has a cold shoe mount where you can attach a microphone or LED lights
- Thick and flexible legs that are stable enough to be used as a tripod and adjustable enough to be wrapped around surfaces.
- Requires more time to set-up
- Can be complicated to adjust for beginners
#6 Neewer Portable Desktop Tripod
- Weight: 1.59 lbs (720 g)
- Max Capacity: 11 lbs (5 kg)
- Collapsed Height: 9.1″ (23cm)
- Extended Height: 19.7″ (50cm)
This mini tripod is built with aluminum alloy making it STRONG and STABLE. Its structure is quite similar to a full-size tripod.
Among all the mini tripods, this is the best tabletop tripod in terms of load capacity. It has a pretty WIDE RANGE for its height adjustment too!
To make it extra stable, it’s also equipped with a non-slip feet design.
It’s on the pricier side of mini tripods but its LARGE LOAD CAPACITY makes it a great value for money (if that’s what you’re prioritizing!).
Besides being highly stable, it also comes with a 360-degree ball head for customizable functions. It might be heavier than an average mini tripod, but rest assured it can carry any type of camera.
From smartphones to DSLRs with telephoto lens, you can trust the load capacity of this ehrm.. stick.
- TALLEST mini tripod in the market
- Has a WIDE RANGE for its height adjustments with legs
- 360-degree ball head
- High maximum weight capacity
- Portable and can fit in a backpack
- Heavier than most mini tripods
#7 FotoPro UFO Rainbow
- Weight: 260 g
- Max Capacity: 2.2 lbs / ~1kg
- Collapsed Height: 28cm
- Extended Height: 30cm
If you’re not a heavy camera fan, this Fotopro tripod fits the bill.
It has a low maximum weight capacity so it’s more practical for smartphones and small cameras. It’s like a SMALLER and CHEAPER version of the GorillaPod and Ulanzi tripods.
You can make the legs fold and secure them on pole-like surfaces like tree branches and fence posts.
Just like other tripods, it also has a 360-degree ball head making EVERY camera angle possible for your shot (perfect for those trying to get the right light!).
The legs of the tripod have rubber coating making it ANTI-SLIP, giving you a stable mount. It’s also WATERPROOF so YOU CAN NOW tag this along with you on summer beach travels or water sports shoots!
Or if you want to get those rainy shots, its legs will keep your camera stable (just don’t forget to waterproof your camera too).
The tripod comes along with a shutter button you can use for faraway shots.
Among all the tripods, this model is the LIGHTEST and EASIEST to carry around. Just throw it in your camera bag and you can easily spot it with its colorful legs.
Speaking of compatibility, IT’S COMPATIBLE FOR ALL SMARTPHONES.
The phone clamp can hold devices measuring UP TO 3.5 inches. Just attach it to the head of the tripod and you’re all set!
- Waterproof and anti-slip, perfect for beach and water sports travels
- Comes with a bubble level indicator for more precise adjustments
- Colorful design that can be easily spotted
- 360-degree adjustable ball head
- Bluetooth remote control shutter button
- Not recommended for heavy cameras
- The bluetooth might not be compatible with all devices
Things to Consider When Buying a Mini Tripod
These are our top picks for the best mini tripod in the market. But each photographer, whether amateur or professional, has unique needs.
Not sure how to narrow down your choices? Here’s a quick guide on how to pick the best mini tripod for you!
What Camera Are You Using?
First things first, what device do you plan to use with it?
Each device has different capabilities and weight. Will you be using the tripod with different devices?
The camera/s you choose to use ARE the basis when choosing a mini tripod.
Maximum Weight Capacity
The next thing you should look at is the WEIGHT or LOAD CAPACITY of a tripod.
A mini tripod is obviously way smaller than a regular one so of course, by physics laws, they can’t carry the same weight.
You already know the device you’ll be using. So the next thing you should do is pay attention to the weight of your device and see if the tripod can hold it securely.
If you’re going to use a DSLR camera, you’re probably going to attach a lens to it.
- Do take note that the lens will put ADDITIONAL WEIGHT on your tripod.
- Include in your calculations the weight of your lens and other gear that you’re planning to attach.
But if you’re traveling light with just a smartphone or a good old digital camera, most tabletop tripods would be able to hold them.
Sturdiness / Material
Next, look at the material the tripod is made out of.
If you’re planning on investing in a pricey tripod, the main thing you should consider is its DURABILITY:
- Are you going to use it in simple shoots?
- Or will you be using a GoPro with it for some extreme shots?
- Do you need it to be waterproof or not?
- How adventurous are you going to be with it?
You’d want your tripod to be STURDY and STABLE when you use it.
The material it’s made of IMPACTS its weight and portability.
- One of the most common materials used is aluminum. Most regular-sized tripods are also made out of it. RELIABLE and AFFORDABLE, but can be very heavy.
- If you want LIGHTER equipment, those made out of carbon fiber should do the trick!
Leg Structure and Height
A mini tripod with leg extensions can give you MORE OPTIONS for your shot.
Most of them are tabletop and non-adjustable, but again, depending on the shots you’re gonna make, you might prefer something more versatile.
Some of the ones we listed also had JOINTED and FLEXIBLE leg structures.
- These types of leg structures allow you to mount them securely on poles for a bird’s eye view.
If you’re planning on getting an adjustable one, make sure to check the lock and knobs. They should be sturdy and adjustable.
- If the knobs are loose, you might be in for a smashing surprise. ALWAYS test it first to keep your camera from getting damaged.
Another thing you’d want to get is a tripod with a ball head. A 360-degree ball head will give you options for every angle you want to capture.
Though take note of the size of it too!
- A larger head is more CONTROLLABLE and STABLE. It’s also easier to clamp securely too
- A smaller head might not be as sturdy, especially if you’re going to use large camera equipment.
Being able to adjust to any angle will help get the perfect light for your shot as well!
Will you always be on-the-go or do you have time to get that perfect set-up?
Some models might have MORE FEATURES and KNOB ADJUSTMENTS but they take more time to set up.
Some have SIMPLE designs where you can just push a button to mount it.
A mini tripod can also be equipped with a QUICK RELEASE PLATE making it easy to lock any device in place!
Wrapping It All Up…
All of the products we listed are the best ones in the market, but let’s reel back to our top three picks:
Best Overall Pick – Manfrotto Pixi Evo
Manfrotto Pixi Evo takes the top spot in our list as it can give you high-quality features with its mid-level price!
It’s the SMALLEST and EASIEST one to use.
This Manfrotto tripod is sturdy as well despite its size. You can mount any device on it safely and it can withstand both hot and cold temperatures.
It’s the PERFECT mini tripod to bring along in your travels!
Best Value Pick – Joby Gorilla Pod
The Joby Gorilla Pod comes next as our runner-up giving us the BEST VALUE for its money!
Its unique jointed leg structure makes it HIGHLY VERSATILE, giving you three different mounting variants.
It might be a bit bulky and heavy, but if you really want to go all-out on your photos with different angles, this is the way to go!
Best Budget Pick – Pedco Ultrapod
Last but not least, our best budget pick is the Pedco Ultrapod. It comes in a neat affordable price but with high-quality material and durability.
This mini tripod is SMALL, COMPACT, and EASILY ADJUSTABLE with different mounting variants too!
We hope this guide has been helpful to you in choosing the best mini tripod for yourself!