There’s no better feeling in the world than owning a trusty, three-legged stand to hold your camera for taking the perfect shots.
We’re certain you’d love to include the best video tripod in your set of video gear.
Well, it’s time to sit back and relax because it’s time to check out the best video tripod list that satisfies your photography needs.
Released back in 2019, the Benro S8 Pro Tripod System is our BEST PICK out there for professionals.
With its durable construction and, may we even say, sexy fluid head, it’s without a doubt one of the best tripods out there for you and your video cameras.
It comes with awesome bonus components such as:
- Accessory mounts for monitor arms or audio recorders
- Illuminated bubble level
- Large fluid heads
- Spiked retractable feet
- Detachable handle
- Video head with 17.64 lb (8 kg) maximum capacity load
- 12.4 inch (31.5 cm) minimum height, 63.8 inches (162 cm) maximum height
- S8 Pro fluid head with flat mount
- 3-section legs with flip locks
- Wide pan and tilt range, 360° panning range, and – 70° to +90° tilting range
Take a closer look into this great quality tripod by checking out this YouTube video we found from the company itself. Let’s take a look at this pick’s ups and downs too.
- It has a mid-level spreader for better stability when filming.
- Because it’s a tripod that can support up to 17.64 lb (8 kg), it’s good for both heavyweight and lightweight cameras.
- The tripod head comes with a four-step counterbalance.
- Its pan bar has panning and tilting without any steps for those extra smooth video clips.
- Its illuminated bubble level is not only adorable, but it’s also useful.
- It’s not the most inexpensive option out there because it was specifically marketed towards professionals.
We’d give this tripod a perfect 5 out of 5 stars.
This tripod from GEEKOTO is another perfect pick for destination filming because of how versatile it is.
Not only is it for video, but it’s popular among filmmakers and photographers alike.
It’s made from high-density carbon fiber, which has great stability and portability because of how light it is.
Not only is it multifunctional, but it’s also adjustable and expandable.
- 26.5 lb (12 kg) maximum weight limit
- 19 inch (48.26 cm) minimum height, 79 inches (200.66 cm) maximum height
- 2 section central tube and 4 section column tripod legs
- 360° rotating range ball video head
- 3.30 lb (1.5 kg) weight of the tripod itself
This awesome tripod can be combined into a monopod and used as a trekking pole. Those are some pretty cool tricks if you ask us.
It’s also great for low-angle shooting positions and different shooting heights.
Here’s a YouTube video we found on a review and demo of the tripod. In the meantime, let’s look into the goodies and baddies of this pick of ours.
- When dissembling one of its legs, we can turn this into a monopod, giving it a max height of 81 inches (205.75 cm).
- It has rubber feet and weight hooks for extra stability when filming on uneven terrain.
- It features a 1/4 inch quick release plate.
- Great for heavyweight cameras because of the 6.5 lb (12 kg) payload capacity.
- It’s absolutely ideal for panoramic shots because of its flexible ball joint.
- Despite having weighted hooks, it still doesn’t have spiked feet, making it a little difficult to use on the most uneven of surfaces.
We’d give this one a great cliffhanger 4.9 out of 5 stars.
The Magnus VT 4000 Tripod System with Fluid Head is the follow-up, improved version of the 3000 model.
This aluminum, entry-level tripod is great for beginners and amateur cinematographers who want to get started.
- Supports 8.8 lb (4 kg)
- 65mm ball head diameter
- 2-Stage leg design
- 27.5 inch (70cm) minimum height, 59 inch (150cm) maximum height
- Tilt angle adjustments span from +90° to -60°
This budget tripod weighs about 7.9 lb (3.6 kg). It also comes with a camera mounting slide plate attached to a 6.35mm screw with a video pin.
We love the easier panning and tilt drag due to its fixed counter-balance spring set to 3.3 lb (1.5 kg).
- It has spiked feet for outdoor use and retractable rubber feet for delicate floored surfaces.
- Its two-way fluid head is great for smooth motion, with separate pan and tilt locks and tilt drag.
- It has a mid-level spreader for better stability, holding the tripod legs in a locked position.
- It comes with its own case!
- It’s not a good long-term investment; better for short-term use.
The VT 4000 is an excellent pick for light weight mid-range DSLRs. It’s a great excellent choice really for entry-level users. Plus, it’s the most affable option around!
We’d give this one a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
It is one of the BEST LIGHTWEIGHT tripods out there. There are actually two constructions to choose from this model, those made of aluminum or carbon fiber.
For the sake of this review, we’ll choose the latter!
This one is made with a carbon fiber construction. We love this tripod kit because it’s perfect for bringing along to destination shoots that require a bit of a hike.
- Compact size and minimal weight of 3.04lbs (1.38kg)
- 16 inch (40.6 cm) minimum height, 60 inches (152.4 cm) maximum height
- The maximum payload weight is 8.82 lb (4kg)
- The M-Lock, a twist-lock function from Manfrotto which is compact and easy to use
- Has the Befree Live Fluid Video Head (MVH400AH), with a perfectly balanced pan and tilt
- Because it’s made of carbon fiber, it’s a very sturdy tripod.
- It’s friendly for both right and left-handed videographers due to its ergonomic leg-angle selector.
- Its leveling ball joint keeps your shots perfectly aligned, even on uneven terrain.
- It has a fluid tripod head for smooth panning and tilting.
- Like most center columns on tripods, when its center column is fully extended, it becomes a bit unstable.
- The base plate might be a little too loose or tight due to manufacturing issues, but it should be alright to replace if you take it back to the store you bought it from.
We’d give this one a solid 4 out of 5 stars.
Manfrotto is one of the known brands when it comes to manufacturing top-tier tripods for video cameras. The MT190X is NO EXCEPTION.
It is a VERSATILE tripod made entirely from aluminum. We also love how easy it is to use.
It’s no wonder why this particular model is trendy among YouTubers.
- 11 lb (5 kg) capacity fluid head
- 27.2 inch (69 cm) folded length, 3.54 in (9 cm) minimum height, 66.9 inch (170 cm) maximum height
- Rubber feet on the tripod’s legs for better stability
- Fluid head with two levels, soft and hard
- It can be set to have low angle shots
When its center column is extended, it’s the perfect height for vlogging. Plus, it’s like the in-between of photo tripods and video tripods.
It’s an excellent tripod on the video market for those of us that are into filming YouTube videos.
- With it being just 1.5 lb (0.7 kg), it’s lightweight!
- It comes with a sliding quick release plate.
- Its legs can be adjusted independently from one another for those extra creative shots.
- You can flip its center column to a 90-degree angle.
- It’s great for either a lightweight camera or a heavyweight camera.
- It’s not the best for a budget pick given that it comes with so many features, especially if bought with its quick-release plate.
- Like most tripods, it’s a bit unstable when the center column is fully unstable.
We’d give this one a 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Released last 2019 with a single aluminum variant, this is the best tripod for travel that you can convert into a monopod.
This is the versatile tripod that’s a total MUST-HAVE for landscape and nature cinematographers.
Benro Aero 4 has awesome bonuses like a foam grip, a quick-release plate, retractable spiked feet, and a center column hook.
The tripod kit also comes with an S4 PRO tripod head with ball head features such as counterbalance and great leveling. You won’t have to worry about losing your balance on the field.
- The maximum load capacity of 8.82 lb (4 kg)
- 21.85 inch (55.5 cm) minimum height, 65.2 in (165.61 cm) maximum height
- 21.7 inch folded length
- Adjustable leg angles in three ways
- Adjustable to both rubber feet and spiked feet
This is our second tripod pick for travel, and rightfully so.
We love the awesome versatility in its construction and video head that comes with it. Even on the most uneven surfaces, this tripod is a great investment.
- You can convert it into a monopod by removing one of its legs.
- The center column comes with a hook for extra stability when it comes to heavy cameras.
- Its quick-release plate makes it easy to switch to handheld shots.
- Aluminum and lightweight video tripod.
- Its fluid head is easy to use.
- It comes with independent controls for pan and tilt.
- It comes with its own padded and strapped carrying case!
- You can only adjust its quick release plate if the handle is in a specific position. Compared to other tripods, its quick-release system is a little more difficult to use.
- It contains some plastic components which might break if not handled carefully.
We’d give this one another solid 4 out of 5 stars.
For the most rugged terrains and uneven surfaces, this is definitely our top pick. The Viltrox VX-18M is a solid tripod system we want to show you.
Here’s what makes this an amazing and highly durable heavy-duty tripod:
- A great 360-degree mounting feature for awesome panoramic shots,
- Mid-level spreader,
- Sturdy aluminum legs and
- Reliable for heavy camera supports
- Maximum capacity load of 13.2 lb (6 kg)
- 33 inch (83.82 cm) minimum height, 74 inches (187.96 cm) maximum height
- Pan and tilt head with 360° panning range and – 75° to +90° tilting range
- The easy-to-use quick-release camera plate
- 8.7 lb (3.95 kg) tripod weight, 35.4 inches (90 cm) when folded
For a closer look at this heavy-duty tripod and its features, check out this YouTube video we found. On the other hand, let’s talk about the pros and cons.
- Tripod heads can support some heavy camera’s weight up to 13.2 lb (6kg).
- It comes with a separate lock for the panning and tilting functions.
- It has a mid-level spreader to ensure the tripod system will remain stable even on the most uneven surfaces.
- Its quick-release plate makes handheld shots easier, just like a photo tripod.
- It comes with its own padded carrying case and tools for the tripod!
- Despite this being a great durable tripod, the quick-release plate handle is quite fragile compared to other tripod systems.
We’d give this one a 4.2 out of 5 stars.
With it being the lightest tripod from the brand, the Libec TH-X Tripod is our best pick if you’re a starting cinematographer with a preference for a lightweight travel tripod.
Whether it’s a small camcorder, a DSLR, or a mirrorless camera that you use, this is our considerable choice for you.
This tripod has a cool ball base for quick leveling capabilities and UNLIMITED Steph Curry RANGE for lower and higher-angled shots.
- Supports up to 9 lb (4.1 kg)
- TH-X8 dual head with pan and lock controls and fixed counterbalance
- 30 inch (76.2 cm) minimum height, 62 inches (157.48 cm) maximum height
- 65mm ball head diameter
- Two-stage, three-segment legs which are thumb screw-tightened
While this is a great pick for those with lightweight cameras for filming, this tripod system is also great for building up your skin in cinematography.
Here’s a Youtube video we found giving it an honest review.
- It has a snapping quick release plate and a flat base with a 3/8″ screw for easy mounting.
- It has a built-in counterbalance for precise balance and tilt movements when filming.
- With a great mid-level spreader and rigid legs, it has improved stability compared to earlier releases from the brand like the TH-650 model.
- Its pan and tilt are extra smooth.
- It’s a compact tripod that’s really easy to transport.
- It comes with a padded carrying case that has a shoulder strap and side pocket!
- It has a lack of variable drags for if you want a faster or slower shot.
- Because this tripod is so light weight, it can vibrate in strong wind, although it’s a pretty good tripod for the studio.
We’d give this one a 3.9 out of 5 stars.
The high adjustability levels, stable support system, and acceptable tilting and panning of this tripod made us add it to the list. The best part is it’s great for when you’re investing with a budget.
The Cayer BV30 Tripod has a high max height that matches not many tripods even on this list.
It’s an affordable investment with an aluminum build. Although it’s heavier than most travel options, it comes with a professional fluid head and strong build quality at a great price.
- 13.2 lb (6 kg) maximum payload weight
- 33.4 inch (85.85 cm) minimum height, 72.7 inches (184.658 cm) maximum height
- Video head with fixed fluid +90° to -70° tilting and 360° panning
- 75mm ball diameter head
- 35 inches (89 cm) long when folded
It’s a great pick for beginners and enthusiasts alike because of its great combination of control, max height and max weight features, and stability.
Because we want you to have a better look, here’s a YouTube video we found on a humble review on it.
- Its height makes it super solid and reliable when filming,
- The superior construction and build quality
- It has very reliable locking rubber buckles and a mid-level spreader.
- It comes with its own case and an extra base plate!
- It doesn’t have the smoothing and most advanced panning and tilting features.
We’d give this one another solid 4 out of 5 stars.
For the best quality tripod made from magnesium and titanium, we picked the SLIK Pro 700 DX.
Video tripods don’t always come this compact and sturdy in their construction. That’s why it is designed to hold even the heaviest of cameras in the market.
- 19.8 lb (9 kg) load capacity
- 16.1-inch (41 cm) minimum height, 75-inch (190.5 cm) maximum height
- Central column that can be shortened and inverted with multi-sectional push and pull features
- 76.2 inch (76.2 cm) when folded
- Pan and tilt-type head with a quick-release camera lock
From Instagram videos to professional-looking outputs, this tripod can totally help you level your skill in filling up with all its great features.
It has rubber feet for a tight grip and comfortable, foam-covered, three-section legs. What more could we ask for?
But like every product, it has its ups and downs. Let’s take a closer look at some of them.
- It’s firmly assembled and extremely simple to utilize.
- Its legs are made out of aluminum, titanium, and magnesium, so they are really durable.
- The pan and tilt video head features a 360° rotation.
- Because of its very versatile center column, it’s awesome for high or low-angled shots.
- It’s available in two colors, and options are always fun!
- It’s an average video head and can’t be utilized because it isn’t a fluid head.
- It’s not the easiest to carry and bring around because of its extra durable materials.
We’d give this one a nice 4.5 out of 5 stars.
We all know that a tripod system is camera support composed of heads and legs. These tripod parts are responsible for the following:
- Keep the camera in place and the legs (HEADS)
- Enable the tripod to stand (LEGS)
Before we dive into that ourselves, here’s an awesome video we found to help you choose the right tripod for you.
Now we’re going to talk about the three biggest things to look out for when looking for your best video tripod.
These are the PRIMARY MATERIALS that your tripods are made out of. Its construction affects the weight and durability of your camera support.
There are commonly two main materials used for video tripods in the market.
- Aluminum – traditional, less expensive, and heavier; can blend with other metal alloys.
- Carbon Fiber – stable, durable, and lightweight; undoubtedly a little pricier.
Aluminum or carbon fiber tripod legs with a great maximum height result in smooth camera movements.
These should definitely give you an easier time shooting your vlogs, live events, and advertisements.
The common heads used for video tripods are fluid video heads.
They’re better used for pan and tilt when filming and normally come with a drag feature. These enable better control over smoothing out movements when filming.
They come with two types of bases, depending on the model of the tripod head.
- Flat Mounting Plate – suited for a bigger fluid head and has a counterbalance feature.
- Half Ball Joint – great for quick leveling without having to adjust the tripod legs.
Here’s the quick rule for tripod legs:
The MORE SECTIONS, the MORE PORTABLE it is. But also! The more sections, the less stable it might be. Video tripods normally come with either 3 section legs or 4 section legs.
If you’re looking for a tripod that delivers the goods and saves you some cash, why not consider the Magnus VT-4000?
Its lightweight size and top-tier stability, and high-performance two-way fluid head keep up or even do better than some of the more expensive tripods.
It has other manufacturers asking, How can this tripod do better than some of our offerings if it only costs half or a quarter of what we charge?
It’s a very close runner-up, but we have to give the GEEKOTO Carbon Fiber the win. It is one of the most versatile and lightweight options in the market for us.
It’s absolutely efficient and flexible for all types of shots regardless of setting thanks to its carbon fiber build and great features.
You won’t regret spending all that cash because the GEEKOTO tripod’s features and overall performance give you MAXIMUM VALUE FOR MONEY.
The best video tripod for heavy-duty filming is definitely the Benro S8 Pro, thanks to its superior load capacity and max height.
It’s an easy favorite on this list thanks to the following:
- Sturdy aluminum build
- Amazing plan and tilt range
- Adorably efficient lighted bubble level
These features and qualities propel it to the top. Indeed, it is NO SECRET the Benro S8 is the cream of the crop.
In this whole list of the best tripods for video, we love them all. Truly, they are all great picks.
Although most of our top choices are not the most budget-friendly options in the market, they’re definitely a great investment for long-term use and professional endeavors.
Even if you don’t plan on becoming a full-time photographer, a video tripod can definitely help develop your photography skills.
We hope you enjoyed our quick rundown of the best video tripod choices, and we wish you all the best as you create that PICTURE PERFECT shot or video!